Engine ID - AH or MG?

To: Spridget Group <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Engine ID - AH or MG?
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 09:51:41 -0500
Begging the group's forbearance with a small nagging question and some
followons.  My Morris Minor van [Nigel] has, I believe, a 1275cc
engine.  But I'd like to be 100% positive as I begin accumulating spares,
improvements, etc.  So, the # on it is 12CJ/D /H 34455.  Does this offer
positive ID of its origins?  And, does it really matter?  Are there any
distinctions between these engines and the various years that an amateur
wrench needs to keep in mind?  This is obviously not a concours vehicle,
just for fun but inquiring minds would to know.

Also, I acquired a pair of HIF4 SUs for possible down the road fitting and
assume I will need to track down an intake manifold especially for the
1275; that is, the MG one won't do.  Yes?  Suggested sources?  Thanks in
advance, David [still too damn cold in Massachusetts for me!]
---