Re: Help..possible scam

To: GMGoodman@aol.com
Subject: Re: Help..possible scam
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 19:32:58 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
GMGoodman@aol.com wrote:
> I have a MGB listed at mgcars.org .  I have been contacted by a person who
> claims to have a client in Dubai, United Arab Emirates...is ready to bank
> transfer money into my account...has not seen the car or asked one question
> about it...sounds like a scam to me ...I have asked for info and
> references....anyone ever hear of such a deal?

I have heard that this *type* of transaction is a scam.
I am not saying your particular buyer is trying to scam you but...
There was a post on the MG bulletin board or Brit car forum very
recently about someone who did an overseas transaction with a car off
Ebay. Out of country bank check was no good, buyer even arranged for
shipping which brought the seller further in a hole.
to make sure it's NOT a scam, have the buyer send you the funds, sitt on
the money for at least a month or until you see that much more on your
monthly statement, then ship the car. Do NOT do it in a couple days or
even a week, make sure the funds are yours. Speak with a bank rep about
it. It's your money or you can just say your car was stolen.
Proceed V E R Y carefully.
Good luck

--
Frank Clarici