Re: Exhaust question

To: Rick <WebmasterRick@attbi.com>
Subject: Re: Exhaust question
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2003 20:36:05 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Rick wrote:

>Well Eddie:
>
><<Wow! Thanks for all the quick responses! I went back and supported the car
>on the axle rather than the body, and I was "in like Flynn!" Went nicely
>right under the axle.
>

>Ed Kaler wrote you TWICE offering a phone call to assist.

Yes, but thanks to the quick response of the list I had it mounted
before I ever saw Ed's messages. While I really appreciated the offer,
it didn't seem like there was any reason to ask him to call me long
distance. No disrespect was intended.

>The very FIRST "just above minor" bump you hit WILL remove your new exhaust
>system as (from what you penned) the pipe WILL be decimated by the axle
>housing because the rebound straps will allow it to.

I wondered about this. Seems reasonable, but nobody mentioned it. Why
didn't Ed write something like this in the first place and I would have
been more likely to have taken him up on the offer of a call. As it was
it didn't sound necessary.

>The "system" HAS to be installed with maximum travel of rear end allowed for
>by the straps.
>
>And yes, it IS a big PITA to do correctly!!  Also REQUIRES all the correct
>parts (which, if you had, would not have caused a problem)
>Good Luck.

Well, I'll just have to take my chances for now. I bought what was
listed as the correct parts for my car. Moss didn't have big warnings
that "parts listed for this model do not fit correctly." If they're not
right there's nothing I can do about it now and I can't afford to just
buy another complete system right now. Besides, unless the pipes are
just flat out bent wrong, it looks like this can be easily solved with
some spacers to lower the pipe and muffler in the back.

>      Rick
>
>PS:  And as Ed's webmaster, I can "offer up" that he does stock the correct
>parts (and the "system" -:).

Thanks for the comments.

Eddie
1971 Midget - "Bebop"