Re: Carb Question+ new anti pollution law

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Carb Question+ new anti pollution law
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 15:50:54 EST
In a message dated 3/2/03 11:21:25 AM, jleclainche@cox.net writes:

<< On another subject- if that "anti-pollution" bill passes in CA, I don't
know
how my Lotus 7 Twin Cam could possibly pass the emissions... And the cut-off
date for the law is supposed to be 1960- but does this mean cars from 1960
back are exempt, or any car before 1960? My Bugeye was manufactured in 1959,
but registered in 1960- so it may need emission junk fitted to be put back
on the road. Darn &$@#! politicians! 8-( >>

I've already written my state senator and sent a copy to several others.
Suggest you do the same, using Rick's post as a guideline.  They just changed
this a couple of years ago to lighten it up for cars from 61 to 74.  Problem
is that the cars up to about 1967 had no emission standards.  They would have
to be created for them, which would be the responsibility of the communities
if I read it right.  I personally don't think this one has much of a chance,
but it doesn't hurt to keep reminding them that we are out here and liable to
revolt if they mess with us. LOL but it's not funny.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise) "The Sprite"
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes) "Trevor"