Re: Just ____ Triumphs

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Just ____ Triumphs
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 23:31:21 EST
dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com writes:

> In the eyes of Charles Runyon of  The Roadster Factory, the fact that the
> engine has been in an MG means that it has been contaminated as badly as
> his
> operation was when he started trying to sell MGB parts ;-) I had an MGB at
> the time and I derived great amusement at the way he never failed to make
> it
> clear that he was having to prostitute himself in order to stay in business
> for his beloved TRs

The guy is an amazing anglophile. In addition to TR parts, some of the items
he sells are "100% British Gentleman's Hair Brush." or something like that. I
can just see him in his Harris Tweed Jacket with the leather patches.  And
yes even to this TR guy, he comes accross as amazingly stuck up. But he does
love the marque and while not necessary cheap, does try his best to keep them
on the road.

Not sure what it is with some of these TR guys, I think deep down they feel
inferior to Big Healeys and of course Jags, so they try to take it out on MGs
and Spridgets. You should have seen the flack I got when I suggested to the
TR list that Bugeye Sprite handled better than my TR4A., with IRS, front and
rear roll bars.
Basically they said my TR is either broken or I don't know how to drive.

David Oliner