Re: PC Engine Analyzer

To: "esheffield" <esheffield@i-plus.net>
Subject: Re: PC Engine Analyzer
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 08:38:26 -0700
Cc: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
I have seen several articles on fabricating the proper probes so that
you can use an old trace osilloscope as an engine analyzer . and I've
also seen several PC osilloscope programs, although without at least
optical isolation I would be loath to have those high voltages around a
PC of any value.
My solution is to spend $60 at a diagnostic shop and get a printout of
everything from ignition traces to exhaust temps to CO ratios plus
compression and leakdown. Plus these shops in my area put the car up on
the rack and inspect suspension. This gives you a pretty good idea of
how much money and sweat you're going to throw at the car.
--
Jay Shaffer
ITC #66