Re: Re:new anti pollution law EST

To: Ankitterer@aol.com
Subject: Re: Re:new anti pollution law EST
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 20:22:36 -0500 (EST)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Annice writes.."That's exactly the song
the politicians sing".

Maybe but...

no offense intended but the contents of
paragraph 2 are not logical. I know, I sound like Spock!! But I don't
mean to.

That less than 1%.....what percentage
of these are daily drivers? THAT's the
figure that "should" be relevant and I
think it would be safe to say, this percentage would be so small as to
be
truly irrelevant even if the number produced 100% of the state's auto
originated polution. Even if that 1%
were daily drivers producing 100%
the amount would be most likely
infintesmile, because....

there is something else to be taken
into account as well. Most specialty
car owners keep their engines "tuned
up".......'cause we don't like them when
they don't run in top form, do we? You
could say polllution laws weren't made
because of "us" to begin with.

And if all Americans were "like us" there
would not have been air pollution devices
to begin with as THIS was the reason they
were originally introduced I believe.

Now, obviously, I am overdoing it here to
make a point. In time, air pollution equipment would have come anyway
simply due to the increase in the shear
number of autos occupying any square
block in metropolitan areas, etc., which continue to spread and grow.

I definitely understand the idiot destruction of older cars for air
pollution
credits...the guy who thought of this one
should be wacked along with the other
guy discussed earlier, obviously!! :)

But in actuality, polluting smokestacks
in terms of "power" or "manufacturing
for all" is better than 100,000 old cars
going down the road, smoking, carrying
1 person!

One old car off the road = 1lb of smoke
industry can toss into the atmosphere
for the good of many until such a time
as industry can afford to clean up THEIR
smoke, considering their products benefit
so many or the majority, smoking stacks
notwithstanding. It is a logical tradeoff...I can understand it but that
doesn't mean I
like it!! :)

As for private money for the condor.....no
problem. The only problem I have with
private (or corporate) money is when it
is used to subvert elections in our "governmet of the people, for the
people,
by the people", which has become "the way" to a greater extent than
ever, during
my lifetime, anyway.

All you listers in CA. Thanx to Annice you
got the jerk's name and address and I hope you bombard the hell out've
'em! Lob
a grenade for me, please! Blow him
westward out over the ocean....please
do NOT blow this slime towards me!