Re: EGT 2003 16:44:42 -0800 (PST)

To: FUZZY95687@yahoo.com (Larry Pitts)
Subject: Re: EGT 2003 16:44:42 -0800 (PST)
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 00:42:55 -0500 (EST)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi, Larry...

How're things at UAL...getting rough out
there...my buddies tell me American's about to get in line
behind you guys and UScare...

labor's going to take a beating on upper
management's poor decisions since '78..
but...what's done is done....jeeze! Times
are changin'. Maybe the timing of my "forced retirement" is a blessing
in disguise though I miss the people
(more than the flying, actually).

Most of the public does not realize
that when airlines talk labor, they're talking everybody from upper
mgm't
(middle management included)
down, and not just pilots,
mechanics, F/A's and PSA's.

Just like most any other large US
corporations the people "upstairs"
are way overpaid as compared to the average worker. I remember one year
not
so long ago, the departed "Wolf" made
something like $16 million (stock options, etc. included) and "they"
complain about the cost of labor? BS!

Bad decisions at the top are, always
have been and always will be the main
money losers. That and the cost of
of supporting management's archaic,
dinosaur-like "adversarial" ruling technique. Hated that part of it. Oh,
well.

EGT isn't a bad idea at all considering
I'm gonna go back to the 45DCOE in
Spring. I should've thought of this myself
though I've got a dyno right up the road
to "fine tune" the "general" settings I know
will work.

Still, I should've thought of this. But a
vacuum gauge tells the tale on a lot
of problems when you know how
to read it, so.....that's that. Got a Stewart-
Warner on the way but thank you for a
fine suggestion, mate!

Cap'n. Bob (Ret'd)
      '60 Frog