Re: "Cosmic"/Judson/Weber! Thu, 06 Mar 2003 09:47:32 -0800

To: kgb2@centurytel.net (Gary & Kathryn Bales)
Subject: Re: "Cosmic"/Judson/Weber! Thu, 06 Mar 2003 09:47:32 -0800
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 08:28:34 -0500 (EST)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
^ o  o ^
   =0=  .... Cat grass??? Where!! :)

Phred loves the stuff and as I love Phred, he gets his share of Cosmic
on a regular basis as God intended and as
it should be.

I pour it onto the base of his scratching post so it's basically
"ingrained" within.
There is much rolling over and rubbing
accompanied by much purring and
low growling sounds in the vicinity of same from time to time throughout
the
day. After all, a "Cosmic" cat is a happy cat, obviously.

Sorry Kate, the Judson went back to
the builder as "unsuitable" for the application on today's unleaded
premiums
without artificial cooling of the combustion
process. I advised the builder when he
got an alcohol water "delivery" (as opposed to "injection") system
worked out
for todays "garbage octane" gasolines,
along with Delrin vanes to permit overdriving to the extent the blower
would
pull a 6psi boost curve on a 1275, I'd buy
another one. But, not until!

The single "V" belt drive needs work as
well. There is a "slipping" issue to be
worked out with the "sharp" curve the belt
has to make on the smaller blower pulley
required for the "overdriven" se-up, as well....the Shorrocks "double
belt" set-up
looks better from this aspect.

As a matter of fact, I am talking to a
Shorrocks user in the UK presently to
gather info. as to this application's
suitability in a daily driver using today's
unleaded premium octanes. The Shorrocks has got more boost producing
capability than the Judson, runs clearanced vanes for less heat and can
be overdriven to 7200rpm without excess
wear. It's a more complete kit than the
Judson so costs a lot more and can be
had from British Classic Sports Cars
"over there".

So, the Judson's gone we're cleaning up the 45DCOE "Veber" from the PO'd
1300+ "Vizardized" '74 Midget to install
on the current Cooper "S" spec. 1293 this
Spring (if it ever get's here!).

Cap'n. Bob (Ret'd)
      '60 Frog