product endorsement

To: "Team-Thicko@Autox.Team.Net" <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: product endorsement
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 11:25:37 -0600
Cc: "Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Hey y'all,

Dunno about you, but between all my car projects, household remodelling, 4
90+ lb dogs, and the fact that I'm a natural born slob... I manage to find
the need for a good clean up now and then.

Of course, while elbow deep in grease while wrenching on a Sprite, I've been
known to rinse my hands off with brake clean (which probably accounts for
the 3rd eye I have forming in the middle of my forehead...). Eventually, the
remaining brain cells I have came to the conclusion that this was not a good
practise.

Also, around the house, especially after a big Thicko style BBQ shindig with
home made sauces and pig bones flyin' everywhere, ya find you need a decent
degreaser to clean the stove, etc.

Personally, while some like Simple green... I can't stand the smell of it.
Looks and reminds me of Cloraseptic. While it's supposedly environmentally
friendly, I 've found it works just "ok". Of course, the usual stuff like
Fantastik, and Formula 409 (which I always dug just because of the Chevy
cubic inch resemblance) really don't work well without a fair amount of
scrubbing.

I can remember way back in the mid 60's (you too could remember if you
hadn't smoked as much rope in the 70's)  when a friend of the family came by
to demonstrate these new extra special Amway products. You could buy them
from your friend, cut out the middleman, get a great product, put your
friend's kids thru college... and everyone was happy. When the guy sprayed
this cleaner on my grubbly little paw prints on the doors and walls, the
marks just washed down... it was amazing. (Of course, what my Mom and I
failed to realize was we were buying some big vat of concentrated cleaner...
and the guy was using it full strength, rather than at the watered down
levels you were s'posed to mix the stuff.

So, 40 years later, I've got this bottle of Orange Clean. I think its the
same stuff that guy "Billy Mays here" hawks on TV (and you want to choke the
livin' sh*t out of him every time his commercials come on...). Anyway... I
took the bottle and sprayed it on a car trailer rim plucked from a
junkyard... and the grease just starts runnin. off. I try it on the stove
top ("what was I cookin' and what day was that?"), and the stuff just
dissolves. Amazing.

So, the Flounder product endorsement of the day is Orange Clean, made by
OrangeGlo. (800) 781-7529 www.greatcleaners.com

Dunno what's in it, but it smells like Tang (another 60's reference for
those of you payin' attention), and it works. There are lots of other orange
cleaners out there as other companies get on the marketing bandwagon.. but
this one works.

WST
Flounder
(Mr. Thompson has provided this endorsement without compensation, and is not
affiliated with OrangeGlo in any way... but, if they want to send me a
case....)