Re: RHD/LHD conversion ( no lbc )

To: "Spridgets" <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: RHD/LHD conversion ( no lbc )
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 09:53:46 -0500
My brain isn't wired right either, but that's no surprise to anyone. : )

Someone that I know was having problems learning to read.  A bright
individual with artistic talent.  One day, it came out in conversation that
b, d, p, and q were all the same.  I could see that, though it had never
occured to me before that someone would consider these as 'the same, but
flipped around'.  In his mind, he saw them as all the same, and did not
readily see the need to differenciate.  I told him that, yes, it does matter
which way they face, as they represent different sounds.

I don't know if that made the difference, as he was also getting special
assistance, but he quickly became a voracious reader and got kicked out of
his special classes.

Perspective.

Robert D.