Re: Windshield to body seal replacement???

To: bryant@sonic.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Windshield to body seal replacement???
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 05:20:10 EST
In a message dated 3/9/03 9:51:30 PM Eastern Standard Time, bryant@sonic.net
writes:

> How big of a job is this?  '73 midget
>
> If it is such a PIA that I should  replace the windshield glass at the same
> time (even if I can't afford the new glass at the moment?)

Not that big.  The windshield comes off and replaces pretty
straightforwardly.  Just unscew the center rod from the dash bracket and take
out the two bolts on each side of the windshield inside the A-post.   Use
some KY jelly on the gasket to slide it into position.  Be careful replacing
the windshield frame that you don't flex it and crack the glass--it will be
tighter with the new gasket underneath.

--David C.