1967 1500

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: 1967 1500
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 17:54:19 EST
the owner of this vehicle was obviously brilliant.  You tiddler fans have
lived in denial long enough.  It is time to celebrate the obvious superiority
of the 1500 engine.  I have about $4k in mine and, while I've never heard it
run, I feel rather smug about the massive thickness of the walls which serve
only to hold the oil pan on, even as the (few) main bearing journals are
thinner than a pinky, saving precious weight.  Speaking of weight it took the
removal of 11 lbs of steel to put the reciprocating mass of my 1500 into
balance, what other motor allows you to improve both sides of the
power/weight ratio at once?  And further, what other four cylinder car but
the 1500 midget can accept a v8 transplant and come out lighter?  the 1500
knows no equal.

Mark M.