Re: Looking for parts

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: Looking for parts
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 18:48:52 -0700
Cc: "Kevin Valentine" <valntine@ptd.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Bob,
Yes I am running it exactly as it came off the previous sprite. The car was
sold & the new owner wanted SU carbs instead. so I bought this one as webers
are nearly impossible to find around here.
 I am starting to think that maybe I got one of those regulators. I bought
it in July last year. after it sat for a couple of months, it was pissin out
gas. The crack is on the seam. I just ass-u-med that the crap in the tank
wrecked it. Not too sure now. But I got a clean tank now anyway.:^)
I am beginning to think Coil problem now. The only part that is not new is
the coil, I just put platinum +4 plugs in & magnecor wires as well.
My 948 bogged some now that I think about it, & I never changed the coil
with the new motor. But it seems to give a pretty decent spark.
Any coils that you might recommend?. Even if it doesn't help, I will need
one in the bugeye anyway.
thanks
Alex