Weber Carb question

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Weber Carb question
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 08:09:50 -0800 (PST)
Darn! I thought I was 90% sure on my choice of carburation for my bugeye
project until the recent thread regarding Webers. I've had several off list
coversations with Cap'n Bob (thanks Bob!) but would like to revisit the issue
now. The car will have a 1275 bored .060 over, 266 Kent cam, a standard head
job (no porting, flowing or facy stuff)and a Datsun 5 speed with a 3.9 diff. At
this point the stock diizzy will be used (subject to change) Exhaust will be an
LBC header into something yet to be determined. The car will be driven 85% of
the time on the freeway. I'd like to balance performance with mileage. I have a
good choice of carbs on hand but lack just enough parts to make my costs
similar with any of my choices. For instance: I have the standard HS2's with
manifold but they would need a good rebuilding. I have a pair of HIF4's and
manifold that I could cut down. I have for my current perferred choice a single
HIF6 but need a manifold and lastly I have a Weber 45-150 from a MGB but would
need a manifold for the 1275. The Weber didn't run for sh*t on the B but of
course the B didn't run worth a sh*t with the stock HIF4's either.

I have spent many hours scouring the MGB and Spridget archives and I'll be
damned if I figure out what appplication this Weber was set up for.  The main
(choke) venturi has "33" stamped on the face at the 6 o'clock position. I
assume that is the size of the main venturi. I'm unable to determine the size
of the aux venturi. There is no I.D. number stamped anywhere on the piece. **
How can I detemine the size of the aux? (3.5, 4, 4.5mm)**

The rest of the setup is as follows:

emulsion tube   F15

Air correction   170

idle jet               50F9

accel pump jet    55

pump exhaust vlv  50

starter  jet         85F9

unknow jet        150

I'm interested in the list opinions of my carb options based on my application
and driving and any help with the Weber. Any ideas on the original application
for the Weber based on the current setup? . How can I determine the size of the
aux venturis and maybe suggestions on setting up the Weber using the 33mm mains
as a basis.

If you guys thinks it's an over done topic for the list I'd be greatful for any
off list comments.

TIA,

Larry Pitts - fuzzy95687@yahoo.com

60 Bug