Re: Fuel Injection Cleaning (NO LBC)

To: mg4fun@cablenet-va.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel Injection Cleaning (NO LBC)
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 11:29:43 EST
In a message dated 3/14/03 9:53:30 AM Eastern Standard Time,
mg4fun@cablenet-va.com writes:

> Has anybody on the list had any experience with having their fuel
> injection system cleaned? Not talking about the bottle of stuff you get
> at Wal-Mart, but I had my truck in for inspection and oil change at the
> local Merchant's Tire and they thought it would benefit from a
> "three-step" cleaning. It's a 1991 Dodge Dakota, 109,000 miles and never
> had much of anything done to it. I know it isn't as "peppy" as it used
> to be and pings a bit if I don't run at least the middle octane in it.
> From searching Google newsgroups a bit there was some discussion of
> "Motorvac" which I'm guessing is what Merchants is talking about. Most
> of the comments I found there sounded like it was a "good thing" and
> definately helped performance on older vehicles.
>
> But I trust you guys more, so anyone here have any experience with it?

- - - - - - - - - - - -

I have it done about once a year to my Mitsubishi.  (I do about 30,000 miles
a year.)  It gives a noticeable power increase and the engine runs smoother
afterwards.  Well worth it.  I am approaching 200,000 on the engine with no
rebuilds and one head gasket replacement.

It's amazing what regular maintenance and oil changes can do for engine life!

Allen Hefner
Phila. Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget  (#51 FSP)
'75 MG Midget (The Project)