Ignition Woes

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ignition Woes
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 22:15:26 -0600
Got a couple questions for you all. When you convert over to electronic
ignition, are there any parts taken out of the distributor (besides the
points and condensor)? The breaker plate, etc. are still there, right? The
reason I ask is that I can't get any fire to the plugs on my '74 with an
Allison ignition on it and I think I'll convert it back to points tomorrow
if I can find the parts I need in my stash. Is there any way to test the
Allison module? It was working a few weeks ago when I overhauled the carbs,
hasn't been started since then, though.

I worked on the SO's car and my daughter's car all morning, tune-up, oil
changes, tire rotations on both, then got the new tires put on the Midget,
oil and antifreeze back in it and wouldn't you know, won't start. I had to
take the 'B out for a drive, instead. Hey, it was 70 degrees here today, I
had to drive something top down.

Jim K.