RE: Car Shows Tr!#$%H

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Car Shows Tr!#$%H
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 08:44:50 -0800
Spridgeteers,

Cap'n Bob wrote:
"Hey, Gary.... [snip]The TR3A is a gorgeous machine as a daily driver....as
impractical as
the BE!!"

Don't be so quick to award the "most impractical LBC" title to the TR3A...
Nah, that would be a Lotus Seven series 1,2,3- I mean the "impractical
bit" - no crash protection to speak of, no boot, only one headlamp for full
beams and one for dipped beams for years, no weather protection (top leaked
even when new), unbearable wind buffeting above 70, no storage in the car,
maintenance requirements of a race car... At least my Lotus 7 Series 4 has a
fuel gauge, none of the previous 7 had! I claim the title of "most
impractical car" on this list for my 7 S4 Twin Cam- anyone wants to
challenge that? 8-)

I am very fond of Triumphs myself- My cousin used to have a 1967 TR4A, and I
loved that car, styling and "vintage" (read: old fashioned!) feel and all-
if I had the cash right now, I would buy one in a heartbeat... or a TR3A for
that matter!.. I'll even admit to owning a Spitfire in England in the early
1980s!

Jac-1959 AH "Bugeye"

---