It has arrived :-)

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: It has arrived :-)
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 15:33:38 +0100
My "new" 1973 Midget has finally arrived :-) :-) :-)

The (very brief) first inspection uncovered the following "issues"

- Battery discharged
Hopefully just a result of not being used for some time.

- One missing mirror
This I knew about - it was visible on the pictures on ebay.

- Rust (oh, no)
Surface rust several places.  Small holes in both rear wings.
Cracked paint on bonnet and front wings.
A bit worse than expected / hoped, but still not too bad.
Are rear wing repair panels available for the RWA model ?

- Ignition key difficult to turn
Maybe I will need a new lock, or maybe I should just keep it this way as
an additional safety feature. :-)

- Antennas both in front and rear wings
What is the usual antenna location ?  I would prefer to keep the one in
the rear wing.
Anyway I will have to repair a hole in one of the wings - or find a
sensible use for it.  Suggestions ?

I have not looked at the engine yet.  The boot contained the spare
wheel, hood cover and some spares - I wonder how the floor panel
looks... I hope I will not get any unpleasant surprises.

Pictures will be published on the web soon, and it is my intention to
add more pictures as the restoration/refurbishment is carried out.

Regards,
Ketil

PS  I will keep it RHD, at least for a while.