Re: Down to two now AND another new Roadster!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Down to two now AND another new Roadster!
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 10:59:58 EST
In a message dated 3/22/03 9:49:11 AM Eastern Standard Time, nory@buffnet.net
writes:

> Well, spridgeteers, I'm down one Spridget as of this morning.  I sold the
> '71 with the 5-speed to my brother-in-law (some of you know this car as the
> "Tennesee Midget").  I drove it for the last time when I delivered it just
> over an hour ago.  It's like losing an old friend, but it's for the best.
> know he'll take good care of it, and I can buy it back if he ever decides
> get rid of it.  Hopefully he'll be joining the list soon.

Several years ago, I had the same issue with too many to maintain, insure and
enjoy -- 59 TR3A, 59 Bugeye, 71 Midget and daily driver VW GTI VR6.  One had
to go, so I sold the Midget, which I'd owned for 11 years and had restored to
near perfection.  When my buddy drove it away, I promptly ran back into the
house and threw up.  It's hard to see them go, even when you know you can see
them again and buy them back if you want.

In other car news, I drove my new BMW M Roadster back from North Carolina
Thursday.  It joins the Bugeye and an old winter beater Saab in the lineup.
Holy schnikeys is that thing a monster!  Accelerates fast enough to detach
your retinas and brakes hard enough to unzip your fly.  Accordingly, Cap'n
Bob will not be getting a ride!  ;-)

Chris Eck
59 Bugeye
85 Saab