Mechanic Humor, NO LBC directly...

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Mechanic Humor, NO LBC directly...
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 10:25:46 EST
Cc: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
I bet Frank C. could do this!

A gynecologist had become fed up with malpractice insurance and was on the
verge of being burned out. Hoping to try another career where skillful hands
would be beneficial, he decided to change careers and become a mechanic.

He found out from the local technical college what was involved, signed up
for evening classes, attended diligently, and learned all he could. When the
time for the practical exam approached, the gynecologist prepared carefully
for weeks, and completed the exam with tremendous skill.

When the results came back, he was surprised to find that he had obtained a
score of 150%.

Fearing an error, he called the instructor, saying "I don't want to appear
ungrateful for such an outstanding result, but I wondered if there had been
an error which needed adjusting."

The instructor said, "During the exam, you took the engine apart perfectly,
which was worth 50% of the total mark. You put the engine back together
again
perfectly, which is also worth 50% of the mark."

The instructor went on to say, " I gave you an extra 50% because you did all
of it through the muffler

Robert Houston

  War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and
degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is
worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing
to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a
miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by
the exertions of better men than himself.<A
HREF="http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/John_Stuart_Mill/";>John Stuart
Mill</A> (1806 - 1873)