RE:From the Front Lines

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE:From the Front Lines
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 08:00:21 -0800 (PST)
> The 24hr coverage on TV isn't enough? Weird!
> Rusty

For some weird reason, I find still images more
engaging than TV images. Maybe it's because you don't
have someone telling you what you are seeing and you
can look at it more than 15 seconds. But then I like
old Ansel Adams black and white photos too.

I have forgotten most of the Viet Nam era moving
images, film or tape, but will never forget the still
of the Vietnamese citizen being executed by the
Vietnamese soldier, or the young girl burned by
napalm. I guess they were black and white stills from
a film/tape, but it was, for me, most powerful as a
still.

my 2"

cheers, bill b.