No LBC-BSA Just plain ranting

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: No LBC-BSA Just plain ranting
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 13:57:55 EST
As I said in the last line of my post, if you can't tell, it becomes a
non-issue.  I too agree that a "no homosexuals" stance from the boy scouts
eliminates many good scoutmasters.  However, with the gay community trying to
establish themselves as a minority, worthy of special treatment, quotas, etc.
I can understand the Boy Scout's reluctance.  I still would not like to have
my kid learning his values from an OPENLY gay scoutmaster.  I can also
understand the Boy Scout's reluctance to use a scoutmaster whom they know is
gay for fear of reprisal from scouts and their parents for any actions.  And
I wonder, what would be your stance had one of your scoutmasters approached
you?  The Scouts are taking the only stance they can and still be free of all
sorts of lawsuits.  I blame the gay activists, not the scouts, for the
difficulty.

Don't be so hard on the Boy Scouts.  You were lucky to have their guidance.

BTW,  There were no male scoutmasters in Girl Scouts that I remember.
Certainly any males who might have accompanied us slept in their wive's (the
REAL Scoutmasters) tent and came in the guise of DAD--period.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise) "The Sprite"
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes) "Trevor"