Sprite for sale

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sprite for sale
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 21:29:03 -0800
I saw a add for a 59 Sprite with extra parts in the paper today here in
Reno.  I really have no interest in anymore cars right now as I'm trying
to sell my blue car, but thought I'd check it out anyway.  Turned out to
be an older lady, whose husband used to race SCCA in the early 60's.
The car was in a garage behind the house along with the rest of his
"racing" stuff.  Turns out he had bought 4 new white with red interior
bugeyes,  and had used them for racing.  Two cars were in poor
condition, wrecked or beat up racing cars.     One was still new with
4.7 miles on the clock, but it is stripped of it's interior and
engine/tranny.  She claims the other car was lost in a fire at the
track.   Among the parts are 8 or 9  948's in different states (a couple
look ready to go), bunches of smoothcase trannys, what looks to be 4
full red interiors, tops and side curtains  that were never used, and 20
original wheels and tires.  OK here is the problem she wants $5000 for
all of it, will not sell part, it is all or nothing and it all has to be
moved by next week.
                        Crash