Airline rant...no LBC

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Airline rant...no LBC
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 18:35:45 EST
Cc: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Anyone out there have to fly Continental Airlines?  Bankruptcy couldn't
happen to a nicer bunch of folks.

I booked tickets for the boss and I last month to Detroit.  The morning we
were supposed to leave, the boss calls me a tells me he can't go, pressing
business, yada ,yada, yada.

Today we got our American Express bill and it reminded me of his unused
ticket.  I called first Travelocity, where I bought the ticket, and then
Continental and got the same story.

"since October of 2002, if you do not call in by midnight of the night before
you are to use a ticket and reschedule the flight (at a $100 charge) the
ticket becomes valuless if not used"

Continental said "all of our competitors have this rule"  Well, it's not on
the confirmation from Travelocity.  You don't see it on the Continental or
Travelocity web page...even though they day it is there.  When I mentioned
that Southwest Airlines did not have this policy and did not charge to rebook
a ticket I was told they were not an airline...they were a "discount"
airline.

Anyway, travelers beware.  John D, did you cancel and re-book your ticket?

Still fuming in El Paso....there is a reason SWA is growing while the other
airlines are failing.

Robert Houston
"For Americans war is almost all of the time a nuisance, and military skill
is a luxury like Mah-Jongg. But when the issue is brought home to them, war
becomes as important, for the necessary period, as business or sport. And it
is hard to decide which is likely to be the more ominous for the Axis -- an
American decision that this is sport, or that it is business."
-<A HREF="http://www.quoteland.com/author.asp?AUTHOR_ID=515";>D. W. Brogan</A>,