Re: 5 speed gears

To: Alex Volk <talla@TELUSPLANET.NET>
Subject: Re: 5 speed gears
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 21:59:45 -0500
Cc: bugeye@yahoogroups.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Alex Volk wrote:

> He also says that when he was in Europe they used Toyota corolla gearboxes.
> Has anyone ever got one of these kits?

I have a Toyota Corolla 5 speed in the A40. It doesn't fit the Sprite
unless you do
serious cutting and get a driveshaft made.
there is a bell housing kit to adapt A series engines to Toyota
gearboxes. It was designed for the Morris Minor so *in theory* it fits
the Spridget.
Again rear wheel drive yota's are more scarce then Ribcases these days.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ