Re: idle engine advice

To: Dbcooper292@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: idle engine advice
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 09:59:43 -0800
Mark,

Use Marvel mystery oil in the cylinders, not heavy oil.

Make sure you have oil pressure before you start by crank the engine with
not spark until you get up to operating pressure on the gauge.

If you have a new/reground cam/lifters, once you start the engine,
immediately run the RPM's to 2000 and keep and vary from 2000 to 2500 for
about 20 minutes to break in the cam properly.

Re-torque the head after a couple warmup/cooldowns.

Change the oil/filter after about 500 miles.

Gerard