Re: Brake Problems!

To: mmoomaw@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Brake Problems!
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 20:22:45 -0500
Cc: bugeye@yahoogroups.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
What condition are your drums and shoes?  Have you adjusted the rear
brakes lately?  This wouldn't explain the rear brake bias, but drums that
have been turned too thin or rear brakes that are not adjusted properly
will cause you to have to pump.

Your disk brake conversion may have made the problem worse.  I don't know
what all the diameters are supposed to be, but if you put disk brake
calipers on with the old master cylinder you may find imbalances because
of cylinder diameters.

David Littlefield
1962 MGA MkII
1974 MG Midget vintage racecar