Austin progress

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Austin progress
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 08:44:15 -0700
Thanks to the generosity and parts supply of Paul A., the Austin has a
completed electrical system is is nearly ready for its debut at the Scottish
games in two weeks.  Paint looks good, interior good, homemade headliner is
fair, and mechanically it is A+.

Paul, it took an hour to grind off the frozen pulley from the older of the
two generators, but with my pulley and a carefully reconditioned V. reg.,
the little red light finally went out and the engine compartment looks
fairly original.  All my thanks!

All that remains is to finish the doors that are stalled, waiting for the
correct window channel that was ordered over three weeks ago from MacGregor
in Canada.  I finally gave up and ordered the generic version from JC
Witless and should have it by Friday.

Then there is the one thing that will make it a perfect daily work driver, a
200 watt AM/FM/CD player with speakers that fit the parcel shelf and a box
full of Grateful Dead, Joplin, Allman Bros., BB King, Pink Floyd, and of
course, Frank (Zappa, not Claricci).  The big day draws close and the
neighbors are all pumped up to see what has kept the garage lights on so
late for so many nights.

Glen

time to look for a really small turbo