RE: I need a laptop for my car

To: "'Bill Gilroy'" <w.gilroy@verizon.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: I need a laptop for my car
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 23:37:13 -0500
Bill,
Try here....
http://www.compgeeks.com/products.asp?cat=NBB
Patton

-----Original Message-----
From owner-team-thicko at autox.team.net
[mailto:owner-team-thicko@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Bill Gilroy
Sent: Saturday, April 19, 2003 9:55 PM
To: spridgets@autox.team.net; team-thicko@autox.team.net
Subject: I need a laptop for my car

I am slowly adding fuel injection to my Midget and at some point I will
need a laptop to do data acquisition as I drive and tune.

My brother inlaw races karts and he also needs a laptop so they can
download data from their data acquisition gauge.  He needs this
information after each run so they can check RPM, clutch slippage,
exhaust gas temp, etc.

A laptop for this type of usage does not have to be the latest and best.
Something like a Pentium II 250 Mhz would do fine.  We don't really need
much disk space or memory, and just a CD-ROM would be fine.  Batteries
will also have to be available.

Now the question is where can I purchase an older laptop?  I would
really like someplace that has some type of warranty.  I was hoping for
something more reliable then Ebay.

--
Later,
 Bill                          mailto:w.gilroy@verizon.net

"The liver is evil, it must be punished"
77 Midget
02 Irish Terrier