RE: Drophead coupe

To: "'Bill Bryant'" <bryant@sonic.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Drophead coupe
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 11:39:43 -0500
Not necessarily!  The Morgan DHC seats 2, as do many "three window" American
convertible coupes of the 1930's-- which was a body style distinct from a
convertible sedan (longer wheelbase and usually a back seat) or the roadster
(less weather protection, smaller windshield, no rollup side glass).
I think of the Brit DHC as a coupe that can be "converted" to an open car.
A roadster is only open car--even when the top is up.  In heavy rain, it may
be protected with something between an umbrella and shapeless trenchcoat
stretched over light flimsy and temporary bows. I always take a towel and a
waterproof jacket when I travel distances in one of my roadsters.
--JohnD