Re: sidecurtain felt

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: sidecurtain felt
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 14:02:28 EDT
In a message dated 4/28/03 9:48:25 PM, d.carpenter7@verizon.net writes:

<< Gotta be weather tight  for Sprite Spree '03. (Well, OK, what the
factory thought weather tight to be. Redirect the water off the
occupants head and body as much as practical on a small budget) >>

Factory actually did a pretty good job.  Two weeks in a soft-top Sprite in
Oregon with it raining all the time only got us wet when the wind blew rain
in the side curtains and got the inside of the top wet (and drippy).  Of
course things that would bother the devil out of us now seemed like an
adventure when we were 25.

I felted all the channels on my sliding windows.  Just put some glue down
there, poked the felt in with some scrap plastic, and pushed a bit.  I
haven't used it for that, but I think the paint-on contact cement would work
admirably well for the application.  Probably can't paint the felt, so would
have to put a heavy coat on the metal and then push the felt into place and
let it dry.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise) "The Sprite"
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes) "Trevor"