Re: Digital cameras (No LBC)

To: dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Digital cameras (No LBC)
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 16:53:27 EDT
In a message dated 4/30/03 3:04:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com writes:

> It would have been a lot more useful if they would have listed what all
> cameras had been tested. Since I do not know whether a particular camera
> was
> in the contest, it is hard to know how it would have fared. I am unable to
> assume that the HP Photosmart 620 beat, say Kodak, since I do not know
> whether Kodak was even in the contest. Unfortunately, I am left with
> typical
> salesman's data.

- - - - - - - - - - -

You can search the web site (www.pmai.org) for more info on the Digital Shoot
Out for 2003.  I'm sure all the entries are listed somewhere.  Next year's
Digital Shoot Out will be held in Las Vegas from Feb 12 to 15, 2004, if you
would like to see the actual pictures and judge for yourself.

This was not intended to be a selling tool, as the people who go to PMA are
salespeople.  It is just a way to show the results of a blind test of new
equipment.  The fact that one camera in each price catagory usually stands
out, is significant in my book.

Allen Hefner
Phila. Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget  (#51 FSP)