Compressor question

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Compressor question
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 21:40:49 -0400
Today I finally got around to firing up the free compressor I got last year. It
works reasonably well, but it does take a _long_ time to build up pressure (20
min from 0-90psi). It'll most likely be fine to run the finish nailer I bought,
but I doubt if I could run air tools for any length of time.

My question is - can I solve this by swapping out the compressor head (the
piston unit)? The tank is faily large (don't know capacity, but is about  a 4
foot long 14" diameter cylinder). The motor is a 3/4HP unit. Harbor freight
sells replacemet heads, but they start at 1.5HP. Will this work?

TIA.

-=Chris

Chris King   - cbking@alum.rpi.edu
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/kvcbk/