RE:Townsend Gathering

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE:Townsend Gathering
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 12:40:55 -0400
Cc: <DLancer7676@cs.com> 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h45GgTbH029155
I was there too, but not in my Sprite.  Mine was the silver XJ6 over in the Jag
lineup.  I spent most of the time hanging out with the Mini guys from Atlanta
(Steve Cripps, N.J. Boone and Dean Meyer), as I know them from other shows down
here.  It never occurred to me to ask the Midget/Sprite people if they were
listers!  Sorry I missed out on putting some faces to the names!

Which car was yours?

I have to agree, it's a great setting for a show.  It's also a good opportunity
for those of us driving from Atlanta to hit Deal's Gap
(http://www.tailofthedragon.com/maps/DRAGONmap.gif).  Well known to bikers in
the area, it's a great road for any sportscar.  The Jag didn't do too badly
either - I don't think I rubbed off TOO much of the tread on my tyres, although
I did cause my wife to get a little anxious a couple of times.  Can't wait to
take the Sprite up there once I get the new engine in...

Phil

|Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 21:46:29 EDT
|From: DLancer7676@cs.com
|Subject: Townsend Gathering
|
|Drove the Midget to the annual Townsend (TN) British Car Gathering yesterday
|(Saturday)--Springtime in the Smokies.  Great drive down and saw a lot of
|great cars of all Marques.   Got to spend a little time talking with listers
|Mark Endicott from Nashville, Adrian Barnes from Knoxville, Amy Turner (owner
|of Healium), ex-lister Gary Lownsdale, and Lon Bird (RedMidget) from Oak
|Ridge.  Beautiful day for a show in the mountains, kept the beer cold, and
|just all around enjoyed the day.  Anybody gets close to here on the first
|Saturday in May, don't miss the Townsend gathering.

|- --David C.