Re: 12 Stud Head Question

To: "Jackson Zimmermann" <JZIMMERM@albemarle.org>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 12 Stud Head Question
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 20:21:40 -0400
ya can not do that!  why oh why?  onna counta cause the front stud hole wich
on a cooper "S" is not a stud but a bolt and it has an incredibly low torque
because it goes through a section of "unsupported " casting.
if memory serves me right there is an opes area into water jacket wich must
be filled by the bolt?   besides why not dril land tap the block and be done
with it?   ya can do it right in the darn car with simple hand tools as the
cast iorn block is a whole lot softer than you think to drill and tap!

chuck.-----Original Message-----