RE: free stuff!

To: DLancer7676@cs.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: free stuff!
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 15:43:58 -0500
Just last Saturday I went to Mr Muffler because I had to saw off my tail
pipe to clear my panhard bar.  I brought in my old muffler (a Caravan
resonator) and he welded up an extension with a couple of mandrel bends,
made a "ball socket joint" where the pipe meets the muffler, and an
identically-jointed straight tail pipe to replace the muffler at the track.
Charged me $100-- which seemed steep given that it only took about an hour,
but I could not have done it myself.  And the ball socket is a slick way to
join exhaust pipes.  Gets rid of that slip-joint crimp that makes pipe
disassembly a pain after you wrench down on a muffler clamp.
--JohnD