sill alignment

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: sill alignment
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 02:34:55 -0400
ready to weld new outer sill, I think. Im not getting ideal alignment in the
rear 1/4 panel though. I get a slight gap between the sill and the lower edge
of the 1/4 panel. Ive got 12 vise grips holding this thing on for now, and have
one clamping the sill to 1/4 panel at rear most edge by the spring box area. Is
this a typical problem? I do not see an easy way to clamp the 1/4 panel and
sill together from inside or out. I tried using hydraulic jack to "push it up"
but that resulted in pushing the car body up off the sawhorses. I imagine once
its all welded/ground it will look "good enough" but figured Id ask before I
weld it for life.