RE: Engine Problem

To: <brister@hal-pc.org>
Subject: RE: Engine Problem
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 15:37:04 -0500
Cc: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
There have been so many replies to this question, I'm not sure who originated
it.  But here's my $0.02 worth....make sure the distributor cam is not seized
and that the mech advance springs and weights are intact and are not crudded
up.  Then, forget timing it to specs...heck, just get on a remote road where
you can stop and move the dizzy a little bit, front and/or back, to see if
things improve.  Try, try, try again and again for best potential results.  I
might suggest doing this with the vac advance disconnected, but cap off the
tube going back to the intake.  Lotsa Luck,
Jack