Re: Datsun 5 speed question

To: <bushwacker4@zoomtown.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Datsun 5 speed question
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 23:00:27 -0700
>From the Rivergate web site... sorry, it was easier than typing it.
Also,the drain plug should point down not rearward,

"A Datsun 5-speed transmission from August 1979 to 1982 Datsun 210. This
can be from a coupe, sedan or wagon.

   The input and output shafts should be 20mm (about 25/32") diameter and
18 spline.

   The serial number on top of the bellhousing should begin with the letter
"F" (FL, FA, FX etc. OK). The number "60" is cast into
   the right side of the main case.  These transmissions come from the
Datsun 210, but the model number for these cars, imbedded
   in the Serial Number, is B310. The model number for the transmission,
FS5W60A, is sometimes found on the Serial Number
   plate on the firewall. This is not found on the transmission."