Camber Measurement

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Camber Measurement
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 14:04:10 -0700
The original Bugeye service manual says you can check the camber of the
front wheels by dropping a plumb line from the top of the tire and
compare the two sides.  How scientific does it get? Wow!  What do you
guys use to measure camber?  Is there a cheap gauge that you can buy for
this?  My left front wheel wears the outer edge of the tire tread
prematurely and I would like to get this checked.  There are no front
alignment places around San Bernardino that can put my car on the
alignment machine because the tires are too close together.  The only
place in town that could do it went out of business.  I have sent to
Winner's Circle for an adjustable nylatron top trunnion bushing to
adjust the camber, but I'll have to know how much.
Mike MacLean-60 Sprite