Disassembly of Steering Rack

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Disassembly of Steering Rack
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 22:24:46 EDT
I have the early steering rack pretty well disassembled and am in the process
of cleaning it up.  But I am down to the inner ball joints and cannotget
either of the housings unscrewed.  I have unscrewed the unit from the rack and
removed the locking cup washer over the raf of it.  But knowing that this
unscrewing takes special tools, does anyone have any tricks for unscrewing the
assembly without the special tools?  Thanks.

David C.