Re: Painting bakelite

To: Dave Carpenter <d.carpenter7@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: Painting bakelite
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 19:01:03 -0400
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Dave Carpenter wrote:
> Is it possible to paint old bakelite and have it stick or not attack the
> bakelite?

Stay away from Krylon on bakeolite. It tends to flake off even when
sanded beforehand. At least it did on my heater blower housing.
I have had good luck with semigloss black flexi paint. This is the stuff
the kids use on their rubber and plastic parts of modern cars.
It seems to work. My son told me about it a few years back.
It works good on the Lucas toggle switches too.
Available at most chain auto parts stores, might be called bumper black.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ