Re: NJ Ebay Bugeye

To: "brian S" <bugeye15@hotmail.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: NJ Ebay Bugeye
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 09:44:44 -0400
That bugeye was at Carlisle, adjacent to the food court.  The guy is former
military and has had it for quite a while I guess.  We stopped and looked at
it while at Carlisle.  He was advertising it as a 58 at Carlisle, but Alan
Fisher checked the number and confirmed it was a 60.  Has an 9 stud
windshield on it (but it IS cracked) and overall, the car seemed to be in
pretty good condition.  Interior was in decent condition and the car HAS
been painted.  If I remember right it used to be Iris blue.  Has a real nice
original grille on it and the bonnet is in very good condition too, minus
the 2 cut outs on the bottom.  The owner didn't really know much about the
car, he drove it and had some fun with it he said but wants to sell it now.
When we asked what he wanted at Carlisle he said around $8,000 if he could
get it.  We told him what we thought the car was worth which was about
$5500.  I can see he's still a ways from that with 3 days + left in the
auction.  Nice daily driver.  Oh, and I'm NOT from NJ, lol sorry

Mike Weeks
60 Bugeye "Bloodshot"
72 MGB "Jooce"