RE: Door check strap hardware (and starter)

To: "'Brad Fornal'" <toyman@digitex.net>
Subject: RE: Door check strap hardware (and starter)
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 10:56:02 -0700
Cc: "Spridget List (E-mail)" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Brad,

Thanks...but I think we may be talking about opposite ends of the strap. On
the end that screws to the body, there's a metal bracket, with a curve at
one end, that the strap sits on, then there's a metal retainer that sits on
top of the strap, and the whole "sandwich" is screwed to the body with two
screws. This is, I think, what you're referring to. I'm looking at the other
end of the strap, that actually disappears into the door itself. It has a
flat metal piece in the end of the strap that keeps it from pulling out of
the slot in the edge of the door. If I order a a strap from someone like
Moss or VickyBrit, will it include this piece?

Jim