Brief Hiatus

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brief Hiatus
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 13:02:46 -0700
After a couple years of being off the list, I am back(A lot of volume
these days).   The Bugeye had fallen off the radar for a while.  I am
now looking to get it back to drivable.  Here are the main tasks to be
tackled.  Any off list (or on) tips would be appreciated.

* Alternator Conversion: Read Franks description on the PDLJMPR site.
Any better plans? Or is this fine.
* Rear end.  I have the rivergate conversion with a Datsun 5 speed. My
diff is leaking so I need to work on it anyhow and I have both a 3.9 and
a 4.2 to choose from.  What do people like best with the 5 speed? My
thought is for a Daily Driver use the 3.9. For autocross the 4.2, am I
mistaken?
* The last thing I did was get a tube shock conversion for front and
rear.  I had done the front but not gotten around to the rear, now
sounds like the right time.  It seems like I got the kit from someone in
Oregon?  I no longer have the instructions and I cannot remember the
name of the individual or outfit.
* Below is my old webpage for the car, totally out of date, but thought
I would throw it in as a point of reference.

Mods on car.
1275 Engine
Datsun 5 speed
Front tube shocks