Re: Golden Sprite Poll

To: dhedin@ieee.org, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Golden Sprite Poll
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 22:59:28 EDT
In a message dated 6/7/03 7:37:49 PM Pacific Daylight Time, dhedin@ieee.org
writes:

> Here's why:
> 1) As a courtesy to those attending who contributed to the project.
>     Their delight comes only at this moment.
> 2) To increase attendance of Spree '08

On the other hand, there are many listers who will undoubtedly work on the
Sprite but who, because of factors out of their control, cannot attend.  Some
of
us have jobs and work.  Some of us have families that have needs.  I am
certainly going to try to be there, but part of that will depend on when it is
planned.  Spring and Fall are generally  bad. Summer is good.  Plan it in the
summer. How about mid June?

And do you really want to increase off the street attendance or get more of
our guys (listers) into the project?  Geezo, if the former I would suggest
driving it to Wal-mart stores nationwide and selling tickets on it so we could
increase attendance. I would rather get more listers involved and to the
meeting.

--David C.