Re: parts suppliers?

To: chuck <cciaffone@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: parts suppliers?
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2003 10:26:16 -0700
Cc: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
chuck wrote:

> Whose yer favorite?

I am fortunate to have a very dependable parts person in my local area. He used
to run a full service shop until a bad mistake in his personal life (His ex wife
is his former partner's daughter.) ended that. Now he does parts only and his
former partner runs the local Mr. Bad Wrench with the help of a mechanic that
Jim
fired for incompetence. Jim does NOT deal with the usual suspects. He imports
from the UK and exports all over the world. I have found his prices to be
reasonable, and he always has what I need in stock. If my budget dictates a used
part is necessary, I feel confident buying it sight unseen. The main drawbacks
are the fact that he is long distance and refuses to use the internet. He
believes that he can decide better what is actually needed by talking to the
customer directly. I can attest to that, as he has done numerous telephone
diagnoses for me, followed by detailed instructions on how to fix the problem.
He
has even gone so far as to phone the local NAPA and arranged to have what I
needed waiting at the front desk because it was much cheaper than the "correct"
part and would probably last longer. If he were not available to me, I would
deal
with one of our list members, probably HeWhoMustRemain Nameless, who has also
instilled a feeling of trustworthiness in me. If you wish to talk to my local
Parts Iz Us, call British Auto Parts, Ltd. (541) 933-2880. You will be talking
Jim Pocan, the owner and sole employee.

Kate
'72 MG Midget