Re: Attaching hoist to engine

To: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Subject: Re: Attaching hoist to engine
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 12:06:20 -0700
Cc: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
David,

I usually use the front stud on the exhaust manifold and a rear
transmission bolt above the starter. Requires removing the manifolds
and one existing bolt from the tranny and using a longer one with a
length of chain. I have never bent a manifold stud, but substitute a
grade 5 or 8 bolt if you wish. make sure to use a couple washers on
either side of the chain as well. You could also add a couple study
"L" brackets to the head studs and use those.

Gerard

--
One meets his destiny often in the road he takes to avoid it.
~French Proverb