clean, but dead

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: clean, but dead
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 17:48:20 -0400
Well, I think I win the "I knew I probably shouldn't have done that" prize for
the day.

Last week I power washed the engine on my '78 1500.  I proceeded to drive it
for about 20 minutes, after I cleaned the engine. Everything was fine.

Today I go to start it up - turn the key - nothing.  No clicking, nothing.  I
find that the lights work, and the brights, but I cannot flash the brights.  I
can also hear the whine of the fuel pump.   I look under the hood and check
every connection - everything looks good with the exception of one yellow wire
coming from the drivers' side firewall, just hanging - but I think that is a
remnant of my disconnected electronic ignition (a PO did that).  All the fuses
look good.

Where on earth do I begin here?

Steve